This is an old Betty Crocker recipe. I have changed the pork to tenderloin instead of shoulder and omitted the added salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 carrots, cut into 2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Stir fry pork in oil in skillet until brown; drain on paper towels.
- 2Stir fry onion and garlic in same skillet until tender.
- 3Stir in pork, carrots, first amount of water, bouillon powder, basil, thyme and pepper.
- 4Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 5Add 1/2 cup water and the Brussels sprouts; heat to boiling.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer until all is tender; about 15 min more.
- 7Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
- 8Stir margarine and cheese.
- 9Serve pork and vegetables over spaghetti.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Pork and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.5
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.6 mg
- Sodium 242.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 26.4 g