Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an old Betty Crocker recipe. I have changed the pork to tenderloin instead of shoulder and omitted the added salt.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 carrots, cut into 2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 10 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Stir fry pork in oil in skillet until brown; drain on paper towels.
- Stir fry onion and garlic in same skillet until tender.
- Stir in pork, carrots, first amount of water, bouillon powder, basil, thyme and pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and the Brussels sprouts; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer until all is tender; about 15 min more.
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
- Stir margarine and cheese.
- Serve pork and vegetables over spaghetti.