Recipe by robbin.oakley
Good comfort food here. Great for Sunday dinner. This is another Betty Crocker recipe.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into rings
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pork in oil in 4-quart dutch oven over medium heat, turning occasionally, until brown; drain. Add instant bouillon, garlic powder and water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until pork is done, about 3 hours. Skim fat from broth. Add remaining ingredients.Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until peppers and onions are crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pork and vegetables to warm platter; keep warm; Skim any fat from broth again. Heat to boiling until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with pork.