1/6 Photos of Braised (Pilaf) Rice
A classic recipe that I learned in college. Very simple and tasty, with plenty of variations. Great served with kebabs and grilled meats. Everybody loves this, in fact my children get excited when they see this and they are only 3 and 1!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 3 oz butter in an ovenproof pan; add onion.
- 2Cook gently without colour, 2-3 minutes, and then add the rice.
- 3Cook gently without colour, 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the hot stock should be about twice the amount of liquid to rice. Stir well and season.
- 5Cover with a lid or buttered greaseproof paper.
- 6Place in a hot oven 230-250°C approx 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 7When cooked carefully mix in the remaining butter with a fork.
- 8For variations try mixing in some fried mushroom slices and toasted pine nuts and parsley, or peas and diced peppers or ham, or add some grated cheese just before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised (Pilaf) Rice
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.4
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 350.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g