Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Takes only a few minutes to make, tastes like from a five star French kitchen. Don't be put off by the lettuce bit. It is unbelieavably good. You will want this at least once a month if you try it. From Jamie Oliver.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 pint chicken stock or 1⁄2 pint vegetable stock
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, outer leaves discarded, and finely chopped
- 14 ounces fresh peas
- 1 head romaine lettuce, green part only, sliced into strips
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Slowly heat the butter(he says a nob of butter not a TB) and a good glug of olive oil in a pan.
- Add the flour and stir around.
- Slowly add the stock.
- Turn up the heat and add the spring onions, peas and lettuce with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Put the lid on and simmer for five minutes or until tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste, squeeze in a bit of lemon juice, and drizzle with oil. Serve!