Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The prosciutto adds a lovely flavor. I like to add a bit of extra butter before serving.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 ounces prosciutto, diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, add onions and cook over medium heat until soft and golden brown.
- Add broth, bring to a boil, add peas, return to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender (the amount of time will depend on the size of the peas, so check the package directions).
- Add prosciutto, cook uncovered until most of the liquid is absorbed and season with salt and pepper.
Fabulous! So simple yet sophisticated and let's not forget delectable. The only change I made is adding prosciutto with the butter in order to crisp it up a bit. Thank you.
Good side dish. Goes really well with an Italian entree.