Recipe by L. Duch
Don't let the sound of "ox tails" turn you off. This dish will surpise you. Ox tails have a lot of flavor and surprisingly a lot of meat.I came up with this recipe on my own, so my measurement are not exact( I kinda just add a little of this and a little of that). Feel free to alter this to your own taste. THis is one of my families favorites. Its kinda like pot roast except it has more flavor. This is good served on a bed of rice or along side of some mashed potatoes that has the gravy on top of it.
Top Review by Tornado Ali
I pretty much made this just like the recipe states, with a little less than 2 lbs. of ox tails. It was very good, though I would suggest marjoram or basil next time. I used Budweiser for the beer, and cooked in a crockpot on high for three hours.
- 2 lbs oxtails
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 carrot, chopped
- 1 -2 stalk celery, chopped
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Season ox tails with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in bottom of large pot.
- Brown tails on all sides.
- Remove tails and add chopped vegatables to pot and saute until tender.
- Add the tails back into pot then pour beer over mixture, deglazing all the brown bits off the bottom of pan.
- Drop a bullion cube inches.
- Cover and simmer for about 2 hours or until tails are tender.
- If desired, thicken juices with cornstarch and water mixture.