Recipe by Jade1133
I stumbled upon an oxtail recipe 5 years ago but it required 1 day of prepping and so I ventured to make my own take on it that didn't require so long to make. Since it is braised it will still require hours of slow cooking. I supposed you can put it in a slow cooker, though I've never tried it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs oxtails
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sticks green onions (break into three) or 2 sticks chives (break into three)
- 1⁄4 cup dice mushroom (white or brown)
- 3 slices fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons salt (for boiling oxtail not the braised sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook oxtail in salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and wash away excess bone secretions (they look like small brown clumps). Set aside.
- In a stewing pot, pour in chicken stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, red wine, garlic, brown sugar, pepper and ginger slices. Stir to meld the ingredients together.
- Allow to boil and add semi cooked & washed oxtail. Turn down to simmer and add green onions and mushrooms on top, no need to mix).
- Put the lid on top and allow to slow cook for 7 hours.
- The meat should be fall off the bones with a fork. Serve with rice and veggies. Enjoy!