I love onions!
Make and share this Braised Onion Slices recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter and oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Add onions and sear over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and broth; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Add whisky and let the sauce cook down slightly.
- Serve with beef, lamb, or chicken.
This is a taste treat! I used Canadian Rye-thought I had Scotch at home but didn't. I cut back the simmer time to 5 minutes, added the Rye and cooked a further 3 minutes. Great flavor that complimented the other veggies & cornish hen. Thanks CoffeeMom for being part of my Thanksgiving dinner.