Recipe by Sharon123
Use an assortment of your favorite olives in this dish. Served warm with thick slices of bread for dipping into the savory sauce, this becomes a hearty appetizer or side dish-almost a meal in itself!
Top Review by FlemishMinx
So much great flavor in this recipe. I used equal portions green and black olives, the red wine but no anchovies and I served it over pasta. I think this would be wonderful with all the liquid cooked out then served as a chunky spread over warm crusty bread. Thanks for posting!
- 473.18 ml assorted green olives in brine or 473.18 ml black olives
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4-5 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 9.85 ml crushed fennel seeds
- 473.18 ml chopped fresh tomatoes or 473.18 ml canned tomatoes, drained
- 4-6 minced sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh oregano or 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 59.14 ml red wine (optional)
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the olives and set them aside.
- In a nonreactive skillet or saucepan, warm the oil and garlic on medium heat.
- When the garlic begins to sizzle, add the olives, fennel seeds, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, and the red wine, if using.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley, and serve warm.