1/2 Photos of Braised Olives in Tomato Sauce
Use an assortment of your favorite olives in this dish. Served warm with thick slices of bread for dipping into the savory sauce, this becomes a hearty appetizer or side dish-almost a meal in itself!
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml assorted green olives in brine or 473.18 ml black olives
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4-5 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 9.85 ml crushed fennel seeds
- 473.18 ml chopped fresh tomatoes or 473.18 ml canned tomatoes, drained
- 4-6 minced sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh oregano or 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 59.14 ml red wine (optional)
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 1Rinse the olives and set them aside.
- 2In a nonreactive skillet or saucepan, warm the oil and garlic on medium heat.
- 3When the garlic begins to sizzle, add the olives, fennel seeds, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, and the red wine, if using.
- 4Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat, add the parsley, and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Olives in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (756 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1095.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g