1/2 Photos of Braised Olives in Tomato Sauce
Use an assortment of your favorite olives in this dish. Served warm with thick slices of bread for dipping into the savory sauce, this becomes a hearty appetizer or side dish-almost a meal in itself!
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups assorted green olives in brine or 2 cups black olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed fennel seeds
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes or 2 cups canned tomatoes, drained
- 4 -6 minced sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Rinse the olives and set them aside.
- 2In a nonreactive skillet or saucepan, warm the oil and garlic on medium heat.
- 3When the garlic begins to sizzle, add the olives, fennel seeds, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, and the red wine, if using.
- 4Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat, add the parsley, and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Olives in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (756 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1095.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g