Recipe by Treven
Requires few ingredients and full of profound flavors.Don't fear the anchovies! They dissolve in the sauce, and add a complexity to the flavor.
Top Review by Annie V
Very easy to make. The aroma of the rosemary and garlic is terrific, and the whole dish is outstanding, definately a "keeper" as my DH says. I cut way back on the oil, and substituted canned tomatoes and anchovy paste.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (or equivalent)
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -5 fresh rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 2⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 4 -5 ripe plum tomatoes, halved,seeded and coarsely chopped.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken pieces and toss until evenly coated.
- Place a large flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat, and heat olive oil.
- Add chicken pieces, and fry until golden underneath, about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken, and add rosemary and garlic.
- Continue to fry until garlic is softened but not colored, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine.
- When it comes to a boil, add anchovies, olives and tomatoes.
- Partly cover pan, and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked and tender, and broth is reduced to a rich sauce, approx 45 minutes.
- To serve, discard rosemary sprigs, and season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a piece or two of chicken on each plate, and top with a spoonful of sauce.
- Serve with pasta or potatoes.