Top Review by Eyeballit
This was fairly flavorless. It could be doctored up to taste better, but on its own, there's not much to it. We added more lemon juice. If I were to make it again (not likely), I'd probably add some other herbs and spices.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 head boston lettuce, quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Sauté the shallots until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lettuce, chicken broth.
- thyme, and sugar and simmer covered over low heat for about 5 minutes, until the lettuce is tender.
- Add the peas and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, salt, and pepper, and serve immediately.