Wonderfully simple comfort food. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak lentils for about 6 hours.
- 2Peel and halve the onion and place into a saucepan with 3 tablespoons oil and the ham.
- 3Drain the lentils and add them to the saucepan, brown breifly, then moisten with the wine.
- 4Add the saffron strands and powdered saffron.
- 5When the wine has evaporated, pour just enough hot stock to cover the lentils.
- 6bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- 7Taste and add salt if necessary, then discard the onion and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Lentils With Saffron
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 56.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g