Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Nice tasting spring dinner
- 1 1⁄2 kg leg of lamb
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 400 g cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 600 g assorted spring vegetables (green beans, baby carrots, asparagus etc.)
- red currant jelly, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees centigrade.
- Place the leg of lamb into a large baking pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add stock to pan and cover tightly with foil.
- Reduce oven temperature to 170 degrees centigrade and return lamb to oven for 40 minutes or until cook to your liking.
- Remove from oven and rest lamb for 10 minutes in a warm place.
- Pour cooking juices into a saucepan and add beans and other vegetables.
- bring to the boil and simmer covered until vegetables are just tender.
- Serve lamb with cous cous and vegetables.
- Accompany with cooking juices and spoonfuls of redcurrant jelly.