Recipe by lazyme
A simple side dish that goes together quickly in the microwave. From Cooking Light, June 1995.
- 3 cups leeks, chopped (4 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 14 1⁄2 ounces no-salt-added whole tomatoes, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a 2-quart casserole; stir well. Cover with casserole lid, and microwave at HIGH 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Combine wine and cornstarch in a bowl, stirring until blended; add to leek mixture. Stir in tomatoes.
- Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 6 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup).