1/1 Photo of Braised Leeks And Mushrooms
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove roots, outer leaves, and tops from leeks, leaving 6 inches of each leek.
- 2Cut each diagonally into thirds, then diagonally in half to form 6 triangular pieces.
- 3Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- 4Combine beef broth, tomato paste, salt, thyme, and pepper in a bowl, and stir with a whisk.
- 5Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Add leeks and mushrooms, and saute 6 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly browned.
- 7Add broth mixture.
- 8Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until leeks are tender.
- 9Uncover, and simmer 7 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Leeks And Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.4
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.7 mg
- Sodium 215.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g