Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in a book called Cook right for your type (about food for different blood groups). Sounded so interesting and is very delicious
- 4 leeks, washed well and sliced thinly
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced paper thin
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more if needed
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic and heat slowly until it begins to flavor oil, about 2 minutes.
- Add leeks and carrots, tossing gently to coat with oil and garlic.
- Add 2TB water, reduce heat, cover, and cook about 20minutes until leeks and carrots are soft.
- Remove lid, increase heat, and stir vegetable mix until thoroughly cooked, and most of the moisture is removed.
- Serve hot as an interesting side dish.
Excellent flavour, simple to make, carrots really complement the leeks. Used lots of garlic as suggested, herbes de provence, salt and pepper. Served with a pork meat loaf. Vancouver BC
This is only my second time cooking with leeks and I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed this dish. Cooking time was perfect though I did add another 1 TBSP water about 15 minutes into it because it looked a bit too dry to me. The colour was gorgeous so it is a nice showy side dish if you want to add some pizzazz to a meal. Thx Sarah!
I love to use leeks and this is a great way to cook them. Wonderful flavor with the garlic & carrots. I cut the recipe in half with no problem. Follow the recipe do not use more than the 2 tbsp of water as stated in the recipe, have heat on medium low. I like my carrots a bit crispy so only cooked them for 10 miutes (time depends on the amount and size of pan) I kept testing. Next time I may try someMaidera insted of water. We really enjoyed this recipe -May 8, 2003, Added comments: I have made this recipe several times and enjoy it each time - I tried using Madeira wine and found you need 3 tbsp. I like it both with water or with wine. Thanks Spinner, great recipe added comments 17 Sept2008 Made it again this time I used a light oil spray on the pan browned the garlic added the leeks stir fried them for 2 minutes added leftover precooked carrots , no liquid, and just stir fried until heated through about 2 minutes Wonderful!