Recipe by Sarah
Found this recipe in a book called Cook right for your type (about food for different blood groups). Sounded so interesting and is very delicious
Top Review by heather Lemieux
Excellent flavour, simple to make, carrots really complement the leeks. Used lots of garlic as suggested, herbes de provence, salt and pepper. Served with a pork meat loaf. Vancouver BC
- 4 leeks, washed well and sliced thinly
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced paper thin
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more if needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic and heat slowly until it begins to flavor oil, about 2 minutes.
- Add leeks and carrots, tossing gently to coat with oil and garlic.
- Add 2TB water, reduce heat, cover, and cook about 20minutes until leeks and carrots are soft.
- Remove lid, increase heat, and stir vegetable mix until thoroughly cooked, and most of the moisture is removed.
- Serve hot as an interesting side dish.