Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in a book called Cook right for your type (about food for different blood groups). Sounded so interesting and is very delicious
- 4 leeks, washed well and sliced thinly
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced paper thin
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more if needed
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic and heat slowly until it begins to flavor oil, about 2 minutes.
- Add leeks and carrots, tossing gently to coat with oil and garlic.
- Add 2TB water, reduce heat, cover, and cook about 20minutes until leeks and carrots are soft.
- Remove lid, increase heat, and stir vegetable mix until thoroughly cooked, and most of the moisture is removed.
- Serve hot as an interesting side dish.
Excellent flavour, simple to make, carrots really complement the leeks. Used lots of garlic as suggested, herbes de provence, salt and pepper. Served with a pork meat loaf. Vancouver BC
This is only my second time cooking with leeks and I have to say we thoroughly enjoyed this dish. Cooking time was perfect though I did add another 1 TBSP water about 15 minutes into it because it looked a bit too dry to me. The colour was gorgeous so it is a nice showy side dish if you want to add some pizzazz to a meal. Thx Sarah!