Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 large leeks, dark green sections removed
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- crumbled bacon, as an accompaniment (optional)
- goat cheese, as an accompaniment (optional)
- Preheat grill to high. Cut each leek in half lengthwise and rinse thoroughly to remove all dirt and sand. Pat dry. Brush the cut side of each leek half with the bacon drippings and sprinkle with kosher salt. Grill over direct, high heat, cut side down, with lid closed, approximately 6 to 7 minutes or until grill marks appear. Remove the leeks to a sheet of aluminum foil and lay cut side up. Brush the leeks with balsamic vinegar. Reassemble the leek halves together, wrap tightly in foil, and set back on the grill away from direct heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the leeks from the foil and serve immediately, as is or with crumbled bacon and goat cheese.