Recipe by jenpalombi
Leeks may not be a typical side dish, but this recipe has made them the most-requested side in our house. 3 WW points per serving.
Top Review by Paka
This was fantastic. I have a boat load of leeks this year so am really looking for some recipes. I made as directed,however, was rushed so I added everything to the pan at once and simmered the leeks until the sauce reduced, resulting in a nice glossy coat on the leeks. Thank you for an easy and healthy recipe!
- 4 large leeks, tough outer leaves discarded and trimmed to about 6 inches in length
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife, trim most of the roots off the end of the leek, leaving enough so that the leek remains attached at the bottom. Cut each leek lengthwise into halves and then cut each half into inch long pieces. Soak leeks in a large bowl of cool water to allow any dirt to settle to the bottom.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the leeks to the skillet. Cook the leeks, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with thyme and cook one minute more.
- Add stock, reduce heat to medium low. Braise the leeks, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until the leeks are very tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve.