1 hr 20 mins
The sweetness of the prunes sets off the taste of the lamb beautifully, luscious and comforting. From Silvena Rowe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 600 g leg of lamb, boned leg cut into 2 inch cubes keep the bones
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 200 ml lamb stock, from the bones
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 200 g prunes, stoned
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1Heat the oil in a casserole dish add onion and saute until lightly browned.
- 2dust the lamb with the flour, salt and pepper and add to the onions. cook until meat is browned.
- 3add stock and simmer until until sauce has slightly thickened, about 20-30 minutes.
- 4add the sugar, vinegar, bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves and prunes.
- 5bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 mins more until meat is very tender.
- 6serve hot sprinkled with parsley with either rice or boiled potatoes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Lamb With Prunes
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.1
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 67.0 mg
- Sodium 58.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar