Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love fruits and meat together, found this in a cookbook I got from the local library.
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 600 g boneless lamb, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 200 ml lamb stock, made from lamb bones (I make my own and freeze to use when required)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 200 g prunes, stoned
- 3 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- Dust the lamb pieces in the flour and add salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, add onion and saute until lightly coloured.
- Add meat to skillet and cook until browned.
- Add stock and simmer until the sauce has slightly thickened, about 20-30 minutes.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves and prunes.
- Bring to boil and then simmer again for about 20 more minutes or until meat is tender.
- Serve hot sprinkled with the parsley.
- Great on mashed potatoes or steamed rice.