Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from Donna Hay's _The New Cook_, as reprinted by Tracy Schneider at the Al Dente Blog.http://bit.ly/9zExQy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 6 green onions, halved (scallions)
- 1 lb diced lamb or 1 1⁄2 lbs lamb shanks
- 2 tablespoons chopped preserved lemons, flesh removed and rind rinsed clean before chopping
- 1⁄3 cup chopped mint
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups beef stock
- 4 baby eggplants, sliced
- yogurt, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, cumin and onion, and cook 4 minutes, until limp.
- Add lamb and cook 5 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Add preserved lemon, mint, bay leaves, cinnamon and beef stock; cover and simmer 40 minutes.
- Add eggplant and simmer another 10 minutes. Serve over couscous, with a dollop of yogurt on top of each serving.