1/4 Photos of Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Very pleasing rich taste, wonderful over mashed or boiled potatoes, hope you enjoy them as much as we did. (entry for RSC spring contest - Main course)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 shoulder lamb chops
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in half,and each half quartered
- 3 medium carrots, cut in half inch circles
- 3 large celery ribs, with leaves,cut in half inch lengths
- 1/2 lemon, unpeeled,cut in very thin slices
- 1/2 cup red wine (sherry or port is good) or 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh mint, leaves removed and rolled up,cut in thin strips
- 1Trim fat from chops.
- 2Heat oil in large deep non stick frypan or Dutch oven; brown chops on both sides, about 5 minutes each side; remove from pan, set aside.
- 3In the same pan, add onion chunks, saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add carrots, celery, salt and pepper and lemon slices, saute until caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Stir in wine or broth, bring to simmer and deglaze pan.
- 6Meanwhile, empty tomatoes, undrained, into a bowl, add curry powder, cumin, coriander, garlic and soy sauce.
- 7Stir to mix, pour tomato mixture into pan; stir to mix with caramelized veggies.
- 8Return chops to pan and spoon mixture over them.
- 9Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour or until chops are fork tender.
- 10Make a slurry of cold water and cornstarch, stir into pan and bring to boil, simmer until juices are thickened.
- 11Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint.
- 12Serve over mashed potatoes or rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 477.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shoulder lamb chops