Recipe by Latchy
An easy tasty Lamb Shank Recipe which is suitable to freeze. You could also substitute fennel for the celery - about 600g of bulbs cut into quarters. This recipe is an adaption from a Womens Weekly recipe
Top Review by Sarah
This was a great lamb shank recipe. I cooked mine in the crock pot by browning the meat first, I just threw all the vegies in the bottom with the meat on top, and halved the liquid. Cooked on low for around 6 hours. Delicious
- 8 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, thickly sliced (about 240g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 6 lamb shanks
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the celery into 4cm lengths.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the celery, onion, garlic and carrots and cook stirring until the onions are soft; remove the veggies from the pan.
- Heat the other tablespoon of oil and add the lamb shanks and brown them well all over.
- Stir in the wine, paste, stock and thyme and simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Return the veggies to the pan and simmer covered for about 30 minutes until the shanks are really tender.