1/5 Photos of Braised Lamb Shanks & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
2 hrs 25 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Very tasty very rich Lamb Shank Recipe which can be frozen. You could use a slow cooker or do it on the stove top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lamb shanks, about 3 kg
- plain flour, to toss shanks in
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 baby onions
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained of oil
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 1/2 cups good dry red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley or 3 tablespoons basil leaves (or both)
- 1Toss the lamb in the flour and shake away any excess.
- 2Heat the oil in a large baking dish and add the lamb in batches and cook until browned all over, drain on paper towel.
- 3Return the lamb to the dish and add onions, garlic, tomatoes, port, wine and stock, cover and bake in a moderate oven (180D C- 350d F) for about 2 hours until the lamb is tender.
- 4Remove the lamb from the dish and keep warm and simmer the pan juices over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- 5Serve the lamb with the pan juices and sprinkle over the parsley or basil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Lamb Shanks & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1507.8
- Calories from Fat 670
- Total Fat 74.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 485.1 mg
- Sodium 550.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 146.4 g