1/2 Photos of Braised Lamb Fillets With a Creamy Risotto
1 hr 25 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a wonderful recipe, the lamb comes out moist and juicy and the risotto is a wonderful accompaniment, that is full of flavour and lovely and creamy. It is my son's favourite risotto recipe and he is always asking me to make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 4 lamb fillets (you could also use one large fillet of about 600g if that is all you can get.)
- 1 small leek, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 300 ml water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 200 ml dry red wine
- 25 g butter
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
- truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese (extra)
- 1Heat some olive oil in a large pan, add lamb fillets and sear to brown both sides.
- 2Add leek, carrot and garlic stirring a couple minutes to soften leek, do not allow vegetables to brown.
- 3Pour in water and wine, add stock, balsamic vinegar and butter, stir to combine.
- 4Cook over a very low heat for 45 min's to 1 hour, until lamb is tender. Turn lamb a couple of times during cooking. (If using a whole lamb fillet cooking time will be longer becuase of the weight.).
- 5Remove lamb and keep warm, turn the heat back up, mix a little water with the cornflour and pour into pan, stir until sauce thickens. ( I use this more just to drizzle a little over the meat, rather than as a sauce, as it is already full of flavour, as is the risotto.).
- 6Serve meat over risotto, drizzle a small amount of pan sauce over, top with shaved parmesan ans drizzle with truffle oil.
- 8Melt butter in a pan, add onion and garlic stir until onion softens, add rice and stir to coat in butter.
- 9Pour in water and wine, stir, add chicken stock and bring to the boil, turn heat down and simmer over a low heat until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked about 20 min's.
- 10Just before all the liquid has been absorbed add herbs, stir to combine.
- 11Once it is cooked remove from heat and add cheeses and pepper to taste, stir gently until cheese has melted.
- 12To Serve: Place risotto in the centre of a plate, slice lamb fillets into thin slices, drizzle a very small amount of reserved pan juice, top with parmesan shavings and drizzle with truffle oil.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Lamb Fillets With a Creamy Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 961.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: