my mother made something similar, this is a kicked up version. i hadn't cooked this in years, then i saw it at the butcher, served it with israeli couscous
- heat oil in large pan on stovetop, med hi heat.
- add onions and garlic, cook to soften.
- combine spices, rub on both sides of chops and brown on both sides.
- remove from pan.
- add wine, to deglaze the pan, reduce to half.
- add water, bring to boil.
- add chops and juices back to pan, cover, simmer 1 hour.
I made these when my mother-in-law visited. She's a great cook and doesn't impress easily. We all loved them! I found the recipe a bit heavy on the onions but simply didn't include them all on the serving platter. Next time I would stick with the sweet onions and skip the regular onions. I will definitely make these again!
Nice blend of flavours. I used lamb steaks and they turned out very tender. I also added in 1 diced carrot and 1 sliced courgette when I added the steaks back to the pan to save cooking any other ishes. I served these on couscous. Thanks for a keeper:)
Excellent lamb chops, thanks Chia!! I used shoulder chops. We loved the spices with the onions. The only onion I had in to use was a big reg one, so I just used it and left the regular onion out. The chops were succulent and tender, thanks for sharing a good one, we will be doing these ones again.