Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a Huey recipe.
- 4 potatoes, very finely sliced
- salt & pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 -12 chump lamb chops
- plain flour
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary needles
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Toss potatoes with seasonings and melted butter. Then lay in a heavy-bottomed casserole dish.
- Lightly flour and season chops. Seal in a thin layer of hot oil, in 2-3 lots. Then place on top of the potatoes together with rosemary.
- Add more oil to the pan, if needed, and gently saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Then put on top of lamb, together with 1 cup stock.
- Cover with foil and the lid and cook in the oven for 45 minutes Then add frozen peas, toss well and cook for another 15 mins, uncovered (he didn't uncover).
This is true "comfort food", with a lovely flavour! It is not an attractive dish, but very tastey! I halved this, but it still took about 90 mins before the potatoes were any where near ready. (maybe Huey likes his potatoes "crispy" ) Thanks Jewels.
I make this all the time in winter, it i a true comfort food. I add more rosemary though!