Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cooking Light. Jan 2004.
Make and share this Braised Kale With Bacon and Cider recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slice bacon
- 295.73 ml thinly sliced onions
- 453.59 g bagchopped kale
- 78.07 ml apple cider
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- 354.88 ml diced granny smith apples (about 10 ounces)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- Place a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon; cook 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add onion to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add kale, and cook 5 minutes or until wilted, stirring frequently. Add cider and vinegar; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add apple, salt, and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until apple is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon.