Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cooking Light. Jan 2004.
Make and share this Braised Kale With Bacon and Cider recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 (1 lb) bagchopped kale
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced granny smith apples (about 10 ounces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon; cook 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add onion to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add kale, and cook 5 minutes or until wilted, stirring frequently. Add cider and vinegar; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add apple, salt, and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until apple is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon.