Recipe by dicentra
Top Review by neona503
This was really good. The only change I made was to add chicken broth and vermouth instead of water. I think it added more flavor. When I make it again I think I will also add roasted red pepper, as I think the dish would benefit from a little color and a bit more flavor. All and all an excellent dish that can easily be manipulated to your taste. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb kale, stemmed and torn into large pieces
- 1 cup diced uncooked red potatoes, with skins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup portabella mushroom, sliced
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan of salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large, wide skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic and cook, stirring often, until shallots are soft and mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add kale to mushroom mixture and cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Add water and cooked potatoes. Cover and cook until kale is bright green, about 5 minutes. Serve warm.