Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian.
Make and share this Braised Kale recipe from Food.com.
- Saute leek in oil in a large saucepan until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add kale, water and bouillon crystals; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until kale is wilted and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and discard any excess liquid.
- Stir in sour cream, mustard and bacos. Cook over low for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
It made kale (not my favorite) pretty good.
The flavor was wonderful but the Kale was very very tough - Not the fault of the recipe. I steamed it for 10 minutes where the usual time would be about 3 minutes and it was still very tough. I will recook it and see what happens -I have never had tough Kale before. This is a very attractive recipe with the Leeks mixed in