Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A recipe from the Calphalon Cookware site that utilizes an 8.5 quart covered pan, similar to one that alot of us recently purchased. Sounds simple and delicious!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -5 lbs pot roast
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large Spanish onions, medium diced
- 8 celery ribs, trimmed and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or 2 cups merlot
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons italian seasoning
- your favorite cooked pasta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On the rangetop, preheat the 8.5 quart pan on medium-high heat until the rim is hot to the touch.
- Add olive oil to pan, heating for one minute.
- Place the roast in the pan and brown on all sides.
- Add garlic, onions, celery and carrots and cook until onions are transparent.
- In a medium bowl, combine the broth and wine.
- Dissolve the tomato paste in the broth/wine mixture; add in Italian seasoning.
- Pour this mixture over the roast.
- Place the lid on the pan and place in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pan and continue roasting for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut into thin slices and serve with the sauce over your favorite pasta.