Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Choose red skin potatoes that are similar in size so they will be done at the same time.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken thighs (8)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced thick (2 inch)
- 1 large onion, large, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth, fat free, low sodium
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine, dry
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, small, quartered
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip lock plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag, shaking to coat.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken and remaining flour mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Add carrots, and onion, cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth, wine and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 35 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Wonderful dish. I made it for dinner last night and my husband requested that we keep it in our dinner rotation. Very easy to prepare; when everything's in the pot, just set the timer and walk away.
I have made this very simple,but very very tasty dish many times. I add any veg I have in the fridge everyone loves it, a real winner (even my fussy father enjoyed this!!!)