Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great one dish meal for a chilly night. Make up some biscuits while the dish is simmering on the stove top. Choose red skin potatoes that are similar in size so they'll be done at the same time.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add chicken; seal bag, shaking to coat.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add chicken and remaining flour mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly brown.
- Add carrot and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, wine, and potatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
I used 1/2 cup more chicken stock, which provided a little more gravy. We loved this dish!
This was excellent! Left such a good taste in my mouth I didn't want to brush my teeth. LOL. Gave me a chance to use my new and much-loved enameled cast-iron dutch oven.
This recipe is a favorite in our house, the only thing I did different was add chopped garlic cloves and used fresh thyme tied into a bundle and fresh rosemary, thanks for this recipe it is a keeper!