- 4 cups fresh green peas or 4 cups frozen green peas
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 egg yolks, well beaten
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the peas in a saucepan with all the ingredients except the yolks.
- Bring to a boil than reduce the heat and simmer until peas are tender. Taste for seasoning.
- Very gradually stir in the beaten egg yolk and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened. Do not let it boil.