1/2 Photos of Braised Green Beans With Tomatoes
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This is a simple, savory green vegetable dish. This recipe can be prepared up to three days in advance (wait to add the parsley until ready to serve). Keep the cooked beans tightly covered in the refrigerator, then reheat on the stovetop or in a 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2Add the onions, celery and carrots and saute, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add the green beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- 4Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are very tender, about 55-65 minutes.
- 5Stir in the parsley and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Green Beans With Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 246.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g