1/1 Photo of Braised Green Beans With Lemon
I made this recipe for Dîner en Blanc, because it is great served cold or hot. The veggies are layered in a Dutch oven and cooked without stirring until the beans are soft and tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the beans, break off both ends, and break them in half.
- 2Mix the herbs and garlic together.
- 3In a Dutch oven, layer 1 cup of onions on the bottom of the pan, top with beans, then herb mix, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and drizzle with 1/2 of the olive oil.
- 4Finish with the remaining cup of onions before drizzling with the last 1/2 of olive oil.
- 5Cover and cook over medium high heat until the pan lid is hot. As soon as the lid is hot, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 1/2 hour, or until the beans are very soft and tender.
- 6Stir in 1/8 cup lemon juice.
- 7Taste and add more lemon juice, salt, or freshly ground black pepper, as needed.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Green Beans With Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.8
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g