Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Are you looking for something different to do to green beans? This recipe is it!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, preferably Greek
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb string bean
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add tomato paste and fresh tomato and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add string beans and seasoning and enough water to barely cover.
- Cover and cook until beans are tender.
Squeeky good! I could make a meal out of this. Thanks
Awesome side dish! I made it with Garides (Shrimp) a La Turkolimano, which it worked well with, but next time I make this I'm going to use it as a side for grilled meat--it will be wonderful served that way! I loved this, and the flavors, Thanks, Susie! Made for ZWT4
Green beans are my favorite and these were divine! Just great flavor and simple to make. Made for ZWT4 and the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.