Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Are you looking for something different to do to green beans? This recipe is it!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, preferably Greek
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb string bean
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add tomato paste and fresh tomato and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add string beans and seasoning and enough water to barely cover.
- Cover and cook until beans are tender.
Loved these! It's an easy way to change it up from the usual steamed green beans! In addition to the fresh parsley, I also added some fresh oregano. Excellent! Made for Culinary Quest 2016.
This was a nice side dish we all enjoyed. It was a nice change from plain green beans and went will with the grilled pork chops I served them with. Made for Culinary Quest 3
Such a simple and tasty way to make green beans a little different. Served with Greek-style lamb shanks and rice with spinach and feta.