Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sauteed onion, a touch of rosemary and bits of imported black olives add a French countryside flavor.
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 3⁄4 lbs green beans
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons imported black olives, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a heavy saucepan, cook onion in butter over medium low heat until golden Add beans, rosemary and broth.
- Cover aand cook over medium heat until beans are tender.
- Remove cover, add olives and cook until liquid is gone.
- Season and serve.
Quickly turn a simple vegetable into an elegant side dish. Served these along side my easter lamb and they were gone before the crescent rolls!
I have had this recipe in my cookbook forever and finally got around to making it. I shouldn't have waited because...we absolutely loved it!! Easy and sooo tasty! (Two of my most favorite recipe requirements =) Elegant green beans...who'd a thunk it! Thanks so much for posting. Barb
I was looking for something different to do with green beans. This was very good; I used frozen green beans and dried rosemary. I will likely make this again. -M