Recipe by NurseJaney
This came from an old cooking magazine, no longer noted on my copy.It is easy and uncomplicated. I followed the recommendations to accompany with orzo and baby carrots (I used Zaar Balsamic Baby Carrots - Balsamic Baby Carrots), and maybe prepared stuffed, grape leaves. It will prepare leftovers for another meal for 2.
Top Review by Peter J
Yum! I used a whole juiced / zested lemon (so a little more than listed) and the citrus / pepper tang went wonderfully with the chicken and artichokes. I used really large skin-on chicken breasts so gave them 15 minutes of steaming at step 5 which was spot on and left them really moist but well cooked.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained, reserving 2 Tablespoons marinade
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy larrge skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet, and saute until browned on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 Tablespoons reserved marinade, broth, lemon juice, peel, and crushed red pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, simmer until chicken almost cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Uncover; stir in artichokes and 2 tablespoons oregano.
- Simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 Tablespoon oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper.