Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Braising in broth gives these beans extra flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- Heat the olive oil in a large enough skillet to hold the beans until the oil begins to shimmer.
- Add the shallot and cook until golden, about five minutes.
- Add the breans and broth. Cover and simmer on low heat until beans are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with thyme sprinkled on top.
Green beans are not my favorite vegetable. However, these were exceptionally good. The broth adds a wonderful richness.
PAC Spring 2008 ~ Nice simple flavors. Used dried thyme (don't have fresh) and frozen whole green beans. Served with Recipe #233113
Delicious recipe without unnecessary ingredients allowing the veggies to take center stage. I used half broccolini and half green beans. I also had to replace thyme with Greek oregano. Served with fresh locally made pasta and French bread. Thanks for posting! Note: My 500th review. cg