Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- Sprinkle both sides of the steak with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high.
- When the pan is very hot, add the steak.
- Cook the steak for 4 minutes, or until it lifts easily off the pan and is browned on the underside.
- Turn the steak and cook another 4 minutes.
- Add the vermouth and tomatoes to the pan, cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Turn heat up to medium high and cook another 5 minutes, or until the liquid in the pan has evaporated.
- Transfer the meat to a carving board, and let sit 5 minutes before cutting on the diagonal into very thin strips.
- Serve the steak strips fanned out on the plate, and spoon some of the tomato from the pan over the meat.
I followed this recipe as written. I was a bit skeptical that the meat would be tender after only 25 minutes of braising, but we were able to cut it with a fork. The sweetness of the vermouth and the acidity of the tomatoes combine for a really nice flavor. We'll definitely prepare this recipe again.