Recipe by katew
Taken from an edition of Good Taste magazine
Top Review by Ambervim
I used Bok Choy instead of fennel. It was tasty. It ended up more like a soup (and I only used 1/2 cup of stock) than a veggie to put on the plate. The Bok Choy didn't need nearly as much time to cook as the fennel might.
- 600 g baby fennel or 1 large fennel bulb, top and base trimmed
- 350 g tomatoes, cut into 5 mm slices
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated gruyere cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fennel long ways into 1 cms thick slices.
- Place slices in heavy based fry pan.
- Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Scatter over thyme sprigs, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Cover with lid or seal with foil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 -20 minutes or till fennel is tender.
- Remove pan from heat, remove lid or foil, sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat grill to medium high and place pan under grill for 2 minutes till cheese melted and golden.