1/1 Photo of Braised Fennel With Parmesan
Chef Kate's Note:
Via Deborah Madison, a very simple and quite delicious treatment of fennel which is a wonderful accompaniment to pork or grilled fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F
- 2Rub a baking dish large enough to hold the fennel in a single layer with butter.
- 3Slice the fennel bulbs in half or quarters lengthwise and steam the fennel over simmering water for 10 minutes, then arrange in the dish.
- 4Dot with butter or drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and add the wine or water. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove the cover, baste the fennel with its juice, then add the cheese and continue baking uncovered until the fennel is completely tender, about 10 minutes more.
- 6Serve garnished with chopped fennel greens or parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Fennel With Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.5 mg
- Sodium 240.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g