Recipe by Missy Wombat
A fresh bean recipe from Culinaria Konemann.
Top Review by Kasha
I can't believe no one out there is eating fava beans! It really isn't a Hannibal Lechter thing, they are fantastic, what all lima beans aspire to, and this recipe is fast, easy, and very tasty. Imagine the fiber you are getting from one serving, and it is so good. I will definitely be making it again!
- 7 ounces white onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes
- 14 ounces fava beans
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules
- coarse salt
- white pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onions.
- Place the oil in a Dutch oven, add the onions and braise until transparent.
- Skin, deseed and chop the tomatoes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and stock granules to he onions.
- Cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add more water if it looks dry.
- Season with salt and pepper, garnish with parsley and serve.