Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 duck (about 3 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Rub duck with salt, soy sauce, brandy and garlic and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and fry sliced onions until soft but not brown, remove. Add duck and brown all over.
- Put back onion, add water, cover and simmer for 1 hour, add marinade and simmer for 20 minutes more or until duck is tender.
- Dissolve cornstarch with a little water and add to gravy.
- Boil until gravy thickens and serve duck whole with gravy in sauce boat.
I thought this was delish! The flavor was excellent, and the "melted" onions were great!!! I also only used 2 cups of water. At the end, I put the duck under the broiler to crisp up the skin a bit and it did the trick. (We made this with cauliflower & cheese which seemed to go well with it.)
We loved this recipe. I used boned duck breasts and followed the recipe except did not use the full amount of water. It was easy to follow and did not take a long time. I used three boned breasts and a few small pieces for three of us. Thanks for the recipe.