Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 ducks, prick skin with fork (about 3 lbs)
- 1 cup glutinous rice, soaked overnight
- 3 tablespoons dried shrimp, soaked until soft
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Chinese wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Steam duck for 30 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Mix rice with shrimps, salt, 1 Tbsp.
- of soy sauce, sesame oil, Chinese wine, pepper and scallions.
- Stuff duck with mixture and sew up cavity with thread.
- Place in casserole with water and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove and reserve liquid.
- In a clean wok add soy sauce, sugar, sherry and 4 Tbsp.
- of broth and simmer until thick.
- Add duck and glaze all over.
- Serve hot.