Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
A recipe from Chef Michael Sichel at 7 on Fulton, New Orleans, LA
Make and share this Braised Curry Pork recipe from Food.com.
- Place pork and vegetables in a container for marinating.
- In a small skillet, slowly heat the curry and turmeric until smoky, but not burnt.
- Placed the spices over the pork along with the wine and orange juice.
- Mix together, cover and refrigerate, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove the pork from the marinade (reserving the marinade).
- Heat oil in a large pan until hot.
- Add pork and sear on all sides.
- Remove the pork and place into an oven proof pot with a lid (dutch oven).
- Add the onions and celery to the pan and saute until soft.
- Add the flour and slowly stir in the marinade.
- Cook until reduced by half.
- All the beef broth and raise the heat.
- When the liquid boils, pour it over the pork and cover.
- Place into the oven for at least 2 1/2 hours (or cook in a slow cooker).
- Serve with coconut rice.